Youth Support worker
Youth support Worker.
Anytime Care 2020 is a fast-growing organisation supplying healthcare staff to various healthcare settings.
The company has grown from strength to strength. Due to our success we are rapidly expanding and are now recruiting for Support workers for our semi-independent unit, for young people.
Are you a passionate and a nurturing Support Worker?
If yes, Anytime Care 2020 have opportunities to discuss with you.
Anytime Care 2020 are recruiting for the post of support worker – to deliver support to Young People aged16 to 18 living within semi-independent placements.
As an Anytime Care 2020 Support Worker, you will be required to support and deliver sessions that will promote the life skills of young people and support their transition into adulthood.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and 2 references, including most recent employer obtained and participate in comprehensive induction training.
The benefits of working with us are:
- Competitive pay rates.
- Free training and support with your ‘continuing Professional Development’.
- Wide and flexible range of shifts at times convenient to you.
- An opportunity to progress and make a difference within a growing company.
Duties to include:
- Our Support workers must be able to provide suitable/ everyday practical and emotional support to young people placed within our units.
- Provide support responsibility for 3 to 5 of young people.
- Use the Care plan that we have created to provide support that meets the young person’s needs.
- Be responsible for the effective safeguarding of the young people within your care and understand how to raise concerns.
- Carry out independent living skills, key work sessions with our young people and encourage engagement.
- Encourage young people to liaise with relevant agencies to ensure that they receive appropriate levels of support.
- Our Support Workers must ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and to participate in service development.
- Attend and be committed to ongoing regular supervision and annual appraisal.
- At least 1 years evidenced experience of working with children and adolescents or a similar support worker/ care worker role.
- We require all candidates to have their DBS on the update service, we are unable to accept applications without this in place
- We require staff with experience in dealing with substance misuse,adolescent mental health and challenging behaviour.
- Candidates should be available to start work with 2 weeks of a successful interview.
- Have or be willing to work towards completing QCF /NVQ Level 3 award in Health & Social Care (Children)within the set time frame. This is a statutory requirement for all employees wishing to work in childcare.
- Ability to lone work with individual young people
- Must be able to work sleep-in and weekend shifts on rotation.
- Willing to work Bank Holidays & Christmas Holidays on rotation.
Viewed 2730 times